Walking in The Forest of Dean (FOD) is a brilliant way of relaxation. But all the left overs of others are annoying. I will from now on walk with a glove and bags to collect the rubbish and clean the forest while doing my work out. Starting today with Litter Picking in the Forest of Dean (22nd January 2018)!
What I have learned…
- Dog owners are good in bagging their best friends poo. Leaving the bag with the pooh in the woods doesn’t make it better though!
- It’s recommended to wear gloves when picking up litter!
- Textile bags are specially good for cans, plastic bottles & glass and can easily be reused many times!
- Sorting into cans, plastic bottles and glass = recyclables and waste = all the rest (e.g. crisp bags, sweets rapping paper) makes life easier when you sort your founds at home.
- Take +1 plastic bag with you. You never know how much litter you will find on your way.
What are your favourite tips to make litter picking cool?
Litter Picking Is Cool – Results From The FOD in 2019
Gallery #2 – This is showing some of my litter pick in the year 2019. I pick around Coleford, Milkwall & Gorsty Knoll:
Litter Picking Is Cool – Results From The FOD in 2018
Gallery #1 – I show all my finds in the year 2018. I was picking around Coleford, Milkwall & Gorsty Knoll.
More information and comments can be found on my Facebook Page ‘Moving Experience’.