The Magic Roundabout Milonga organises Argentine tango dance events for people who like traditional tango music. Five years ago I became a part of the MR Milongas team. Since then there have been Magic Roundabout (MR) Milongas in Bristol (Almondsbury), Tidenham Chase, Kington Langley and Lydney.
Lovely memories of some of our milongas can be found in my YouTube playlists:
- Kington Langley – The BIG Magic Roundabout Milongas
- Lydney – The Magic Roundabout Sunday Service Milongas
- Bristol – The Magic Roundabout Milongas in Almondsbury
The Magic Roundabout Milongas
If you enjoy dancing to music from the Golden Age of Tango in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere, then you will like The Magic Roundabout Milongas. We believe that the details make a difference to your dance experience. At the events you’ll find sprung wooden dance floors, excellent sound, cabeceo friendly lighting, experienced DJs, free tea and coffee and free parking. At the moment we are using two venues:
- Kington Langley Village Hall, Chippenham
- Watney Hall, 3 Hill Street, Lydney, Gloucestershire
You’ll find more information about the venues further down.
More important our milonga dates for 2019!
The MR milonga dates for 2019
6 hour milongas with 2 tango DJs and occasional some talks before.
- 17 February – Milonga with DJ Bärbel Rücker & Michael Lavocah + Talk
- 27 May – Milonga with Paul Strudwick & Bärbel Rücker
- 18 August – Milonga with Paul Strudwick & Bärbel Rücker
- 27 October – Milonga with Paul Strudwick & Bärbel Rücker
- 1 March 2020 – Milonga with DJ Bärbel Rücker & Michael Lavocah + Talk
- 25 May 2020 – Milonga with Paul Strudwick & Bärbel Rücker
Our 4 hour milongas with 1 or 2 tango DJs and the popular Tango Marketplace.
- 3 February – DJ Paul
- 24 March – DJ Duo Paul & Bärbel
- 7 April – DJ Paul
- 19 May – DJ Bärbel
- 23 June – DJ Duo Paul & Bärbel
- 21 July – DJ Duo Paul & Bärbel
- 11 August – DJ Paul
- 22 September – DJ Bärbel
- 20 October – DJ Paul
- 17 November – DJ Duo Paul & Bärbel
- 1 December – DJ Bärbel
Our magic DJs
Paul Strudwick and Bärbel Rücker share the DJ duties, choosing from the rich heritage of tango to provide music you won’t be able to resist dancing to.
Occasionally there will be guest djs for special events.
So far following DJ’s have been with us choosing the music for you:
- Mabel Gomez (Cardiff, UK),
- David Thomas (TangoJourney, UK),
- Michael Lavocah (UK),
- Theresa Faus (DE) &
- Marek Szotkowski (Star Dance Cardiff, UK).
The BIG Magic Roundabout Milongas in Kington Langley
The MR Milongas in Kington Langley are organised quarterly at the Kington Langley Village Hall, near Chippenham, Wiltshire.
Kington Langley Village Hall, Church Road, Chippenham. SN15 5NJ.
This is a lovely hall, approximately 20m x 9m, with sprung wooden floor said to be one of the best dance floors in the area. It has a separate shoe changing area where you can leave coats and outside shoes and a kitchen area where you can help yourselves to hot and cold drinks and light refreshments. Easy access from the M4 motorway, Junction 17.
The nearest train station is Chippenham, 2.5 miles from the venue. A taxi ride is about £8 each way. The hall has a car park for 30 cars at the rear.
The Sunday Service Milongas in Lydney
The MR Milongas in Lydney: The 4 hour Sunday Service Milongas & Tango Marketplace are organised monthly at Watney Hall in the Forest of Dean.
Watney Hall, 3 Hill Street, Lydney. GL15 5HW, (the former British Legion Club)
The place has a sprung wooden dance floor, excellent sound, cabeceo friendly lighting, experienced DJs, free tea and coffee and free parking.
Very easy access from the A48 by car.
The nearest train station is Lydney which is approximately 1 mile from the venue.
- Website – www.magicroundabout.eu
- Facebook Group – The Magic Roundabout Milongas
- Newsletter – Subscribe to the Magic Newsletter to be up to date!