Seminar for Tango Music Lovers & Tango DJs
with Tango DJs Paul Strudwick & Bärbel Rücker
Bärbel Rücker and Paul Strudwick draw on their combined experience of tango dj’ing and sound engineering to present this essential guide for anyone wanting an appreciation of the skills involved in organising a tango music library and dj’ing. The DJ Seminar is organised into 2 parts plus a session for your own questions.
- Part 1 – Tango Music will be about where to find tango music and helps to understand the often mentioned and discussed file formats (FLAC, mp3, wav etc.), which orchestras shouldn’t be missed out and which ones could be interesting to explore more.
- Part 2 – Milongas will be about the quality of the sound equipment and tips on how to control the sound during a milonga. How to prepare for the milonga and how to construct tandas. What to consider when choosing cortinas and how to dj a good night.
- Part 3 – Questions & Answers will give you the opportunity to present your own projects and to reinforce the presented material. It’s recommended to bring your own laptop, sound card and music.
This we hope will also give people who are not dj-ing the tools to appreciate and appraise other djs and events, and of course is relevant to anyone running events.
This seminar is useful for everybody who,
- want to build their own tango music collection,
- are considering to begin to DJ in their tango community,
- is already DJ’ing and want to deepen their knowledge and understanding of the technical requirements of tango DJ’ing or
- simply wants to understand more about the role of a tango DJ.
The seminar can be taught in English and German.
approx. 2 hours
Teil 1 – Tango Music – Tango, Tandas & Technologie
about music (quality, acquisition, formats, tagging, orchestras etc.)
approx. 2 hours
Teil 2 – Milongas – Tango, Tandas & Technologie
Milongas (technical setup, tandas, cortinas, do’s & don’ts etc.)
approx. 1 hour
part 3 – FAQ
Paul Strudwick is the organiser & regular DJ at the Magic Roundabout Milongas. He is a BBC trained freelance sound engineer specialising in radio outside broadcasts and music recording. So naturally he is very particular about the quality of the sound system at the Magic Roundabout!
Along with music from the usual sources, he also plays his own high quality transfers from 78rpm records.
He founded the popular Facebook group “The Tango Now Playing in My Head Is …”
Bärbel Rücker is a tango teacher and international DJ who has played in over twenty countries at milongas, marathons, festivals and encuentros.
In addition to this she has recently completed Feldenkrais training in Switzerland and is now a fully qualified Feldenkrais practitioner.
She founded the Facebook Group “Forest of Dean TANGO”.
We are looking into the option of presenting our Tango DJ Workshop ‘Tango, Tandas and Technology’ in the UK and abroad. Please get in touch if you are interested in this opportunity and drop me a line via email info (at) movingexperience (dot) eu.
- 11th March 2017, mach was…, Lüdenscheid-Brügge, Germany – Tango DJ Seminar: “Tango, Tandas & Technologie”
- 14th December 2014/11th January 2015, The Cockpit, London – Tango, Tandas & Technology
- 18th/19th October 2014, Tango Feast, Devon – Tango, Tandas & Technology
- 12th/26th July 2014, The Magic Roundabout Milonga, Almondsbury, Bristol – Tango, Tandas & Technology
CONTACT & INFOS
- Bärbel Rücker
– Tango DJ Bärbel Rücker
- Paul Strudwick
– The Tango Now Playing In My Head Is….